The Tree and Woodland Company
About the CompanyThe Tree and Woodland Company comprises a team of committed and skilful arboricultural and forestry professionals with a wide range of practical experience and technical knowledge. We offer advisory, project management and work implementation services for private and public clients throughout the UK. We are recognised for our sensitivity and enthusiasm for trees and woodland and have worked in some of the country's best known landscapes.
The business has built up a wide range of clients including private landowners, land agents, architects, planners, landscape architects and golf courses and the new position will play a key role in delivering a variety of arboricultural work.
About the jobJOB SPECIFICATION
Reporting to the Arboricultural Director to agree work targets and project delivery. The main responsibilities will be:
• Carry out arboricultural assessments for a broad range of projects including; BS5837 planning and construction, hazard surveys/risk management, historic landscape and veteran trees, and planting schemes.
• The role will be primarily focused on development related projects which will include BS5837 tree surveys, Impact Assessments, Method Statements and undertaking supervisory works.
• Prepare high standard reports, using Microsoft office and other relevant software.
• Use handheld GPS devices to plot and record tree locations and other data.
Salary £25-28K dependent on experience.
Standard hours of work and holiday allowance will apply.
The role is based in Southam, Warwickshire but will include travel nationally.
Preferred SkillsThe ideal candidate will possess a sound level of arboricultural knowledge and be proactive and self-motivated with excellent communication and organisational skills. You will need to be adaptable, able to work as part of a team and capable of prioritising your workload to meet demanding deadlines and ensure the highest standards of quality at all times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
• Qualifications should include a minimum QCF Level 3 in Arboriculture or Forestry (AA Tech Cert., Diploma)
• At least 2 years’ experience in a consultancy role
• Proficient in conducting BS5837:2012 assessments and report writing.
• Competent in using Microsoft Office and general understanding of GIS mapping, and AutoCAD software.
• A full UK driving licence.
If you'd like to apply for this position or have any further questions please contact Claudette Coleman via the application system below. Thank you.
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbjobs makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertiser's. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.