Arb Surveyor / Assistant Arb Surveyor - London
Ground Control Ltd
About the CompanyWe are the UK’s leading grounds maintenance and landscaping company with an ever expanding Arboricutural department and recipient of the Queens Award for Enterprise (Innovation).
Our core purpose is to create and maintain external environments that are safe and enjoyable for all. Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field.
About the jobTo continue our success and growth we have a fabulous opportunity for an Arb Surveyor and Assistant Arb Surveyor to join our Arboricultural department on the HS2 project based in North West London. We, in turn, offer fantastic career prospects and an attractive remuneration package.
As part of the Ground Control HS2 Project team, deliver BS5837 arboricultural consultancy & timber valuations for Costain Skanska Joint Venture (CSJV) under the current HS2 Enabling Works - Area South works package. The project team will work to the highest professional standards using the latest technology, innovation and best practice to help facilitate this nationally significant project. In working with CSJV protect team we will seek to support the “No Net loss target of HS2” offering advice and guidance that will avoid unnecessary removals and reduce/mitigate the potential impacts on retained trees along the route.
Through outstanding customer service and exceptional operational delivery you will ensure that all project requirements are met, services are delivered safely, on time and budgeted margins are achieved or exceeded.
Preferred SkillsEssential criteria – criteria are more flexible at the Assistant level
• Level 3 qualification in Arboriculture (Minimum)
• Professional Tree Inspector certificated
• Hold a Full & clean UK driving license
• Excellent tree identification skills
• Current knowledge of industry best practice
• Sound written & verbal communication skills
• Effective IT skills including MS Office and survey data collection software with aptitude to learn new technology
• A wider understanding of basic ecology & environmental matters
• Level 4 qualification in Arboriculture
• Level 3 qualification in Forestry
• Member of Arboricultural Association (AA) or Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF
Apply for this job
Apply directly to the employer by clicking the button below. Looking for jobs like this? Use our JOB ALERT system on our FREE jobseeker account.See more Technical Arb jobs
Arbjobs makes no representations or warranties in relation to employment offered or information provided by advertiser's. It is the applicant’s duty to fully investigate any company and agree terms before accepting employment.